- The competition"Early Music Competition" began in the year 1987 to bring up young Japanese musicians in this field.
- From the 2nd competition the Early Music Committee arranges also concert by the Prize winners.
- From the 3rd competition it also arranges exhibition of instruments.
- From the 3rd competition it ties up with the "Tochigi-Kuranomachi-Music-Festival" to let the prize winner take recital in the city Tochigi.
- From the 10th competition it is international and the committee invites at least one jury from abroad every year. It has already invided Anna Carol Dudley, Francoise Lengelle, Monique Zanett, Lars Ulrik Mortensen, Judith Nelson, Barbara Schlick, Jan Willem Jansen, Richard Wistreich, Bob van Asperen, kees Boeke, Jill Feldman, Jose Luis Gonzales Uriol, Agnes Mellon and ketil Haugsand
- Candidates of competition, Juries, Participants of exhibition and masterclass are also international
From the 21st competition the formal name of the Competition is "Early Music Competition YAMANASHI"
The Early Music Competition is consisted now of Competition, Exhibition and Demonstration of instruments, books, CDs etc. Masterclass by juries, Concer by prize winners, Concerts by juries etc.“
Visit website for more information. (ed.)
Added on: Apr 18, 2009 | Hits: 1068