Early Music Concerts 2009-2010: (IT) Magnificat On The Eight Tones (8 Oct. 2010)
Magnificat on the eight tones with a Magnificat written for the nuns of St. Cyr
Compositions by Diruta, Cavazzoni, Guilain, Cabezòn, Pachelbel, Nivers, Kerll, Frescobaldi, Hassler, Corrette and gregorian chant.
Church of San Giuseppe, Vicolo San Giuseppe, Brescia (Italy)
Friday, October 8th 2010, 9pm
Giuseppe Schinaia, Antegnati organ (1581)
Francesca Cassinari, soprano
Schola Gregoriana of the Chiari Collegiata, Giuseppe Fusari, conductor
The Church of San Giuseppe in Brescia hosts a program of compositions on the Magnificat canticle, performed on the great Antegnati organ built in 1581 with alternate gregorian verses sung by the Schola Gregoriana of the Chiari Collegiata, Giuseppe Fusari, conductor. Soprano Francesca Cassinari will sing a XVIIth century motet by Nivers, written for the French Convent of St. Cyr, near Paris.
Visit Harmonia Musicae website for more information.
More articles in category Early Music Concerts 2009-2010
- (US) Ellen Hargis: Finding Treasure and Lute in Early Music (10-12 Sept. 2010) (by Admin on Aug 26, 2010)
- (DE) Stockstädter Musiktage (Stocktadt Recorder Exhibition/Festival) (14-16 May 2010) -- Photos/Videos on YouTube (by Admin on Jun 29, 2010)
- (CH) Fifth Edition of the Harmoniques International Congress in Lausanne «Chopin et son temps» (9-12 Sept. 2010) (by Admin on Jun 23, 2010)
- (DE) Bach-Wettbewerb Leipzig 2010 (Bach Competition in Leipzig) (7-17 July 2010) (by Admin on Jun 20, 2010)
- (TR) Magdalena Consort Concert at the International Istanbul Festivals (24 June 2010) (by Admin on Jun 20, 2010)