Workshops/Festivals 2009: (IT) Musica Antica a Serrapetrona, Early Music Summer Courses (July 5 - 12, 2009)
“”This year marks the 5th edition of Musica Antica a Serrapetrona, offering you 8 days of Baroque Music in a medieval town in the heart of Italy. Daily lessons, concerts, excursions to historical monuments and wine cellars, all in a unique and inspiring landscape: all of this for just EUR 290,- inclusive acccomodation.
Teacher: Marco Vitale, organ, chamber music and basso continuo
Sunday, 5th of July: Arrival of the participants
Monday, 6th of July: beginning of the course
Mornings: Organ lessons
Afternoons: Chamber music and Basso Continuo
Sunday, 12th of July: Final concert of the participants
- The course is open to participants of different levels, with everyone benefitting from each individual’s learning experience and the shared discussion during the lessons. Individual programs, such as pieces to prepare, can be agreed upon in advance with the teacher.
- The evenings will usally be spent together at a local restaurant.
- It has also become a tradition to visit some of Serrapetrona’s fine wine cellars on one of the afternoons, where it is possible to see the process of making the typical product “Vernaccia di Serrapetrona”.
- Trips to some of the historical places of interest and beauty of the region can be arranged in accordance with the participant’s preferences. .. .“
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2009
- (US) Longy School of Music -- International Baroque Institute at Longy (July 23-Aug. 1, 2009) (by Admin on May 03, 2010)
- (UK) Greenwich Festival -- quick snaps (Nov. 14/2009) (by Admin on Dec 24, 2009)
- (AR) Festival de Clave en la Asociación Cultural Pestalozzi (Nov. 13 - Dec. 4/2009) (by Admin on Nov 11, 2009)
- (BE) Course Manneristic Madrigals of Monteverdi (by Musica on Nov 09, 2009)
- (UK) The 2009 Greenwich International Early Music Festival and Exhibition (Nov. 13-15/2009) (by Admin on Nov 03, 2009)