News 2005-2009: (US) 39th Annual AMIS Meeting (May 26-29/2010)
Library of Congress
May 26 to 29, 2010
“The Library of Congress will host the 39th annual meeting of the American Musical Instrument Society from May 26 to May 29, 2010.
The program committee for the meeting (Janet K. Page [chair], Carolyn Bryant, Albert R. Rice, and Carol Lynn Ward-Bamford [ex-officio]) welcomes proposals for papers, lecture-demonstrations, performances, and panel discussions on topics relating to the history, design, use, care, and acoustics of musical instruments from all cultures and time periods. Proposals concerning the Library of Congress and material from its collections are especially encouraged. Individual presentations should typically be limited to 20 minutes (followed by time for questions and discussion), but requests for longer presentations will be considered. Proposals (up to 250 words) will be accepted until November 15, 2009. ”
Visit the AMIS site for more details as well as details on student travel grants.
More articles in category News 2005-2009
- (US) A Lute Summit -- Interview and news article from Minnesota Public Radio (by Admin on Dec 24, 2009)
- (UK) Composer reinvents the piano (by Admin on Dec 06, 2009)
- (US) PalacePianos.com -- Experts in Unique Art Case Pianos (by Admin on Dec 06, 2009)
- (UK) Royal Society's 350th anniversary -- Trailblazing Timeline Site (by Admin on Nov 30, 2009)
- (AR) The Influence of Leather in the Fortepiano Evolution in the XVIII and XIX Centuries (by Admin on Nov 28, 2009)