Workshops/Festivals 2010: (US) American Bach Soloists SummerFest (July 8-18, 2010)
For more than 15 years, the American Bach Soloists have presented annual performances of SummerFest in Belvedere, San Francisco, and Davis.
SummerFest returns this year in conjunction with the inaugural season of the American Bach Soloists ACADEMY, an elite training program for advanced conservatory-level students and emerging professionals in the field of Historically Informed Performance Practice.
All events are held in the San Francisco Conservatory of Music’s exquisite new facilities, opened just a few years ago in the heart of San Francisco’s Arts District.
Join the celebrated artists of the American Bach Soloists who will perform side-by-side with the next generation of early music specialists.
ABS musicians – the faculty of the Academy – will present three summer evening programs of virtuoso works from the Baroque and Classical eras. Academy students will be featured in three concerts of their own and a special Academy Showcase, at which one will be awarded the Goldberg Prize and an invitation to perform with ABS during next year’s subscription series. ..
Visit the American Bach Soloists SummerFest for more information.
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2010
- (FR) Agrémens 2010 / Histoires D'A ... -- Concert/Workshop (2010 Nov. 12-14) (by Admin on Oct 10, 2010)
- (US) 4X4 Baroque Festival (26-30 August 2010) (by Admin on Aug 02, 2010)
- (FR) Rencontres internationales de l' Abbaye de Vignogoul (29 July - 8 Aug. 2010) (by Admin on Jul 02, 2010)
- (IT) International Workshop on Diagnostics and Preservation of the Musical Instruments (May 20-21, 2010) -- CLOSED (by Admin on Jun 26, 2010)
- (US) Early Music Pub Crawl: San Francisco Classical Voice (SFCV) Blogs the Berkeley Festival (by Admin on Jun 19, 2010)