Workshops/Festivals 2009: (US) The Over the Water Hurdy-Gurdy Festival (Sept. 15-20/09)
Evening events include instructor concerts, an open mike, and many jam sessions (including slow jams for those of us who don't learn tunes at warp speed). On Saturday evening we will gather for a dance party featuring live music by festival participants, who collectively form the largest hurdy-gurdy band in the Western Hemisphere.
Festival Classes & Workshops
The following represents the typical schedule for the festival, the details are subject to change.
Arrival day and settle in. The first "official" activity of the festival begins with wonderful evening dinner. Jamming starts up shortly thereafter if it hadn't already begun before dinner.
Typical schedule begins with Breakfast at 8:00, Morning Class starting about 9:15, then Lunch, followed by afternoon class sessions, Dinner about 6:00 with evening activities to follow. Jamming continues late into the night.
Breakfast typically begins an hour later at 9:00, followed by a good bye concert and gathering, with the last official activity being Lunch around Noon, followed by clean up and pack up. ..“
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2009
- (US) Longy School of Music -- International Baroque Institute at Longy (July 23-Aug. 1, 2009) (by Admin on May 03, 2010)
- (UK) Greenwich Festival -- quick snaps (Nov. 14/2009) (by Admin on Dec 24, 2009)
- (AR) Festival de Clave en la Asociación Cultural Pestalozzi (Nov. 13 - Dec. 4/2009) (by Admin on Nov 11, 2009)
- (BE) Course Manneristic Madrigals of Monteverdi (by Musica on Nov 09, 2009)
- (UK) The 2009 Greenwich International Early Music Festival and Exhibition (Nov. 13-15/2009) (by Admin on Nov 03, 2009)