Workshops/Festivals 2010: (US) Western Early Keyboard Association (WEKA) Annual Conference at MusicSources (June 9, 2010)
The Harpsichordist's Touch: A Historical and Contemporary Perspective
Touch is one of the primary means toward expressivity on the harpsichord. Seattle teacher and performer Jillon Stoppels Dupree will draw upon historical sources, the teachings of today's finest masters, and the evolution of harpsichord building in the 20th century in presenting her approach to touch.
Historical to Contemporary Harpsichord and Vocal Accompaniment
Baritone Zachary Gordin and harpsichordist Jonathan Davis will present a concert and discussion.
MusicSources' Artistic Director, Gilbert Martinez, will discuss transcriptions of solo violin works for harpsichord, based on the evidence of Bach's students. He will illustrate his method for recovering "lost" works for harpsichord by J. S. Bach. Numerous examples will be given.
Just in Time Ornamentation
Dr. Lorna Peters, of California State University, Sacramento, and her big band "Camerata" will present a performance and talk about "just in time ornamentation both for groups and and solo performers.
If you have already registered for the conference, thankj-you! The WEKA conference is free for members and includes a fabulous catered lunch!
For further information and membership/registration form please go to: http://wekaweb.org
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2010
- (FR) Agrémens 2010 / Histoires D'A ... -- Concert/Workshop (2010 Nov. 12-14) (by Admin on Oct 10, 2010)
- (US) 4X4 Baroque Festival (26-30 August 2010) (by Admin on Aug 02, 2010)
- (FR) Rencontres internationales de l' Abbaye de Vignogoul (29 July - 8 Aug. 2010) (by Admin on Jul 02, 2010)
- (IT) International Workshop on Diagnostics and Preservation of the Musical Instruments (May 20-21, 2010) -- CLOSED (by Admin on Jun 26, 2010)
- (US) Early Music Pub Crawl: San Francisco Classical Voice (SFCV) Blogs the Berkeley Festival (by Admin on Jun 19, 2010)