Discography: (BE) Capilla Flamenca Discography Awards
Recent awards and previous awards bestowed upon this fabulous group make their offerings on their site as well as on the music distribution channels even more enticing.
“The vocal and instrumental consort Capilla Flamenca takes its name from the choir of the court chapel of Emperor Charles V. When Charles left the Low Countries in 1517, he took his best musicians with him in order to accompany him as 'living polyphony' to Spain.
Today's Capilla Flamenca recruits its specialized musicians mainly from Flanders so as to bring to life again the unique timbre of this brilliant 15th - 16th music in its full authenticity. According to the needs of the programme or genre, today's vocal core of the ensemble (counter tenor - tenor - baritone - bass) is enlarged with an alta capella (wind instruments), a bassa capella (string instruments), an organ or with complementary singers. …
The Capilla Flamenca has been honoured with some of the most prestigious international awards for their artistic, musicological and historical thoroughness (Premio Internazionale Il Filharmonico, Cultuurprijs Vlaanderen 2005, Big Prize Hertog van Arenberg 2006). Numerous cd recordings have received major awards, including several Prix Chocs (Le Monde de la Musique), Diapason d'Ors, Répertoire10, two Caecilia prizes from the Belgian music press, the Klara Music Prize 2004.“
Visit the Capilla Flamenca website for more information of the groups, concert calendar listings and of course, details of their discography.
More articles in category Discography
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "John Ward Fantasies And Verse Anthems" (By Janelle Davis) (by admin on Jan 10, 2015)
- (NL) Brilliant Classics (Record Lable): "C.P.E. Bach: Keyboard Symphonies" (by admin on Jul 30, 2014)
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: Call Me Cate (by admin on Jul 21, 2014)
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: Barqouevolution (by admin on Jun 07, 2014)
- (BE) Outhere Music: Highlights of 2013! (by admin on Jan 12, 2014)