Workshops/Festivals 2013: (IE) Cork International Choral Festival (1-5 May 2013)
Location: Cork IE
“Whether you're a choir in San Francisco, a choir in Stockholm, in St Petersburg, Singapore or somewhere else... celebrate a year of connections by joining the Festival Gathering.
Cork International Choral Festival is one of Europe's premier choral festivals and annually attracts some 20,000 visitors and 5,000 singers. From 1 - 5 May 2013 Cork will once again welcome choirs from across the world for a programme of gala and fringe concerts, national and international competition, and world-class performances. …
Thousands of participants will bring the city to life for a celebration of choral music in all its many forms. Incorporating a strong competitive element, the festival provides a unique opportunity to witness top Irish and international choirs competing in the beautiful setting of Cork City Hall. Competitions run throughout the festival, with the prestigious Fleischmann International Trophy Competition, a premier prize in European choral music, providing a thrilling climax to a jubilant five days of song. In addition, visiting choirs from around the world will bring song and laughter to a diverse range of venues as part of the Choral Trail, where voices spill out from restaurants, bars, galleries and public spaces across the city. …”
Visit the Cork International Choral Festival website for more information.
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2013
- (UK) Royal Greenwich International Early Music Festival and Exhibition 2013 (7-9 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 04, 2013)
- (AU) Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy: "Dancing With the Masters" (23 Nov 2013 -- 08 Feb 2014) (by admin on Nov 04, 2013)
- (UK) Handel House: "The Italian Connection Recorder Workshop" (9 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 03, 2013)
- (BE) Leuven Fringe Festival III (16-17 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 03, 2013)
- (US) NEW YORK EARLY MUSIC CELEBRATION 2013: Pro Musica Polonica (4-20 Oct 2013) (by admin on Sep 08, 2013)