Competitions 2011: (NL) Lotus News: "LOTUS wins 2nd prize at the Premio Bonporti 2011" (21-23 oct 2011)
In its 16th and final edition, the awards of this prestigious International Chamber Music competition were voted by the public present at the finals; LOTUS was warmly received by the audiences in those 3 days and received high praise for being a true duo. “
“Formed in The Hague in 2004, the members of LOTUS have been working together since 2001 when both were then studying at the Royal Conservatoire. In the last 7 years, the duo has performed extensively in Brazil and The Netherlands, and also in Italy.
LOTUS’ repertoire consists of pieces from the 17th and 18th Centuries originally written for recorder and harpsichord or continuo, and, when suitable and historically justifiable, transcriptions of works from that period originally written for other instruments.
The observation of sound stylistics and historical performance practices and a lively rendition of the music mark their presentation.
Inês d’Avena and Claudio Ribeiro also work together in the baroque orchestra COLLEGIUM MUSICUM Den Haag, which they co-founded in 2006 and of which Claudio Ribeiro is artistic director.”
Visit the Lotus website for more information.
A most warm and heartfelt congratulations to Lotus from http://www.EarlyMusicNews.org (Marc Paré, Editor)
More articles in category Competitions 2011
- (AT) Hungarian Winner at the 2nd International Singing Competition for Baroque Opera Pietro Antonio Cesti (2011) (by Admin on Jan 18, 2012)
- (US) Westfield International Fortepiano Competition Winners and Videos (by Admin on Oct 30, 2011)
- (UK)Winners Announced for the First NCEM Instrumental Composers Award (by Admin on Oct 26, 2011)
- (FR) International Baroque Singing Competition (2011 September 21-25) (by Admin on Sep 01, 2011)
- (UK) Profeti Della Quinta win the York Early Music International Young Artists Competition (by Admin on Jul 21, 2011)