Early Music Concerts 2012-2013: (UK) Baroque Opera Live Concert: "The Beauty of Baroque" (13 October 2012)
Location: Holy Trinity Church, Trinity Street, Hastings, UK
Tickets: Free Admission
A programme of Baroque organ and vocal music for one hour, followed by refreshments. The timing is ideal for those who would like to come to the concert, have a cup of tea and some finger food and then watch the Fireworks.
Our guest soloist will be young tenor Hiroshi Kanazawa, who is beginning his career after leaving music college, but has already won numerous prizes. He will sing Scherza, Infida from Handel's opera Ariodante, and we are looking forward very much to his performance. Furthermore …
For a change we are also including some instrumental pieces, including two items played by noted organ soloist Nigel Howard. Timothy Willsone and Jonathan Bruce will play some extracts from G.P. Telemann's Sonato in B Flat Major for Oboe and Cello.
Local soprano Sandra Lambourne from Opera South East will sing Quia respexit from Bach's Magnificat, and Domine Deus from Vivaldi's Gloria. Both pieces have oboe obbligatos, to be played by Timothy Willsone.
Our programme also includes some old favourites: Handel's Silent Worship, to be sung by Cindy & Hebe Gilham, and Purcell's Music for a While to be sung by Donna Barton.
Linda Grace will sing the lovely Erbarme Dich from Bach's St Matthew Passion, and One Charming Night from Purcell's Fairy Queen.
Visit the Baroque Opera Live for more information of the groups as well as more upcoming events.
More articles in category Early Music Concerts 2012-2013
- (FR) Harmonia Musicae Concerts: "An Italian Mass at Counter-Reformation Times" (4-6 Jul 2013) (by harmoniamusicae on Jun 08, 2013)
- (US) Bach Society Houston: "Chamber Music: Virtuoso violin music from the Dresden Court" (26 May 2013) (by admin on May 19, 2013)
- (UK) The Sixteen Concerts: "The Choral Pilgrimage 2013" (by admin on May 17, 2013)
- (FR) Akadêmia, Direction Françoise Lasserre Concerts: "Gloria - Vivaldi" (29-31 May 2013) (by admin on May 14, 2013)
- (FR) Syntagma Early Music Ensemble Concert-Conferences: "Missa Sine Nomine" and Songs by Cornago (16, 17, 19 May 2013) (by admin on May 12, 2013)