Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New Publication
The first part of this manual, first published in 1725, discusses the performance of various steps including demi coupé, bourée, chassé, and pirouette. Through the use of text and tables, Rameau also provides discussion on an improved and simplified version of Feuillet notation, the eighteenth-century system of recording dances.
The second part of the text consists of notations for twelve duets choreographed by French dancer and choreographer, Guillaume-Louis Pecour. The text is entirely in French, with many examples in Feuillet notation.Author: Rameau, Pierre
Year: 1725, 2011 “
Visit the Dance Books website for more information on this title as well as many other early dance titles.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) The Telegraph Article: "Sotheby's clashes with expert over Beethoven manuscript that fails to sell after public row over authenticity" (by Lydia Willgress, 29 Nov 2016) (by admin on Nov 30, 2016)
- (UK) The Guardian: "Thomas Becket's personal book of psalms 'found in Cambridge library' " (by Alison Flood, 01 Oct 2016) (by admin on Oct 02, 2016)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana: "Call for Proposal" (by admin on Sep 28, 2016)
- (IT) Libreria Musical Italiana Book Release: "La scuola violoncellistica di Gaetano Ciandelli " (Enrica Donisi, 2016) (by admin on Sep 14, 2016)
- (UK) Cardiff University News: "Rare Renaissance musical treasures discovered" (06 June 2016) (by admin on Jun 13, 2016)