Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New Publication
The first part of this manual, first published in 1725, discusses the performance of various steps including demi coupé, bourée, chassé, and pirouette. Through the use of text and tables, Rameau also provides discussion on an improved and simplified version of Feuillet notation, the eighteenth-century system of recording dances.
The second part of the text consists of notations for twelve duets choreographed by French dancer and choreographer, Guillaume-Louis Pecour. The text is entirely in French, with many examples in Feuillet notation.Author: Rameau, Pierre
Year: 1725, 2011 “
Visit the Dance Books website for more information on this title as well as many other early dance titles.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM): "Il Farinelli Ritrovato" (by admin on Jan 10, 2015)
- (US) Theoria – Historical Aspects of Music Theory -- online (by admin on Jun 26, 2014)
- (UK) Dance Books Release: "Marie Taglioni" Biography by Andre Levinson (by admin on Mar 04, 2014)
- (DE) Tree Edition October Newsletter (by admin on Nov 04, 2013)
- (UK) Cambridge University Press New Release: "The Cambridge Companion to Choral Music" (Edited by André de Quadros) (by Admin on Nov 16, 2012)