Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New Publication
The first part of this manual, first published in 1725, discusses the performance of various steps including demi coupé, bourée, chassé, and pirouette. Through the use of text and tables, Rameau also provides discussion on an improved and simplified version of Feuillet notation, the eighteenth-century system of recording dances.
The second part of the text consists of notations for twelve duets choreographed by French dancer and choreographer, Guillaume-Louis Pecour. The text is entirely in French, with many examples in Feuillet notation.Author: Rameau, Pierre
Year: 1725, 2011 “
Visit the Dance Books website for more information on this title as well as many other early dance titles.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (IT) Edizione Antonino Reggio (by antonino1725 on May 20, 2015)
- (US) Books: George Frideric Handel A Life with Friends (Published: Sep 2014) (by admin on May 17, 2015)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (by admin on Apr 10, 2015)
- (FR) Pablo de Sarasate : Zigeunerweisen - Gipys airs - Airs bohemiens op. 20 - for treble (alto) recorder in F (by admin on Apr 05, 2015)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana: Books, Periodicals etc. in .pdf format (by admin on Mar 01, 2015)