Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New Publication
The first part of this manual, first published in 1725, discusses the performance of various steps including demi coupé, bourée, chassé, and pirouette. Through the use of text and tables, Rameau also provides discussion on an improved and simplified version of Feuillet notation, the eighteenth-century system of recording dances.
The second part of the text consists of notations for twelve duets choreographed by French dancer and choreographer, Guillaume-Louis Pecour. The text is entirely in French, with many examples in Feuillet notation.Author: Rameau, Pierre
Year: 1725, 2011 “
Visit the Dance Books website for more information on this title as well as many other early dance titles.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) Oxford Journals: Early Music Journal (online) ( Volume 43 Issue 4 November 2015) (by admin on Nov 28, 2015)
- (US) Oxford University Press: "Shop your Favorite Music Books Under $25: Back to School Sale" (by admin on Sep 14, 2015)
- (FR) Musicologie.org Review: "Collectionner la musique : érudits collectionneurs" (Collecting music: learned collectors) by Eusebius (by admin on Sep 14, 2015)
- (NL) Brill news: "The 2015 Frank Watson History Prize has been awarded to Governing Gaeldom" (by admin on Aug 15, 2015)
- (UK) Cambridge University Press New Release: "The Guitar in Tudor England" (by admin on Aug 06, 2015)