Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New Publication
The first part of this manual, first published in 1725, discusses the performance of various steps including demi coupé, bourée, chassé, and pirouette. Through the use of text and tables, Rameau also provides discussion on an improved and simplified version of Feuillet notation, the eighteenth-century system of recording dances.
The second part of the text consists of notations for twelve duets choreographed by French dancer and choreographer, Guillaume-Louis Pecour. The text is entirely in French, with many examples in Feuillet notation.Author: Rameau, Pierre
Year: 1725, 2011 “
Visit the Dance Books website for more information on this title as well as many other early dance titles.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) DanceBooks.co.uk New Arrivals: Early Dance DVD's (by admin on Jul 02, 2015)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) Release: Francesco Antonio Pistocchi Scherzi musicali [op. II] - Duetti e terzetti, op. III Edizione critica (by admin on Jun 27, 2015)
- (ES) Spanish Ministry of Culture Prize Award: "The Golden Age of violin making in Spain" (Jorge Pozas) (by admin on Jun 20, 2015)
- (FR) Frank Mento: "Harpsichord Training Method" (by admin on Jun 06, 2015)
- (NL) Brill Recent Book Release: "The Book Trade in the Italian Renaissance" (Angela Nuovo. Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane) (by admin on Jun 03, 2015)