Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New Publication
The first part of this manual, first published in 1725, discusses the performance of various steps including demi coupé, bourée, chassé, and pirouette. Through the use of text and tables, Rameau also provides discussion on an improved and simplified version of Feuillet notation, the eighteenth-century system of recording dances.
The second part of the text consists of notations for twelve duets choreographed by French dancer and choreographer, Guillaume-Louis Pecour. The text is entirely in French, with many examples in Feuillet notation.Author: Rameau, Pierre
Year: 1725, 2011 “
Visit the Dance Books website for more information on this title as well as many other early dance titles.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) New Title Release: "Rivista Internazionale di Musica Sacra - n. 37, 2016/1-2" (by admin on Jan 12, 2017)
- (IT) Ut Orpheus Edizioni: "Ad Parnassum Journal Newest Issue XIV/27" (April 2016) (by admin on Jan 11, 2017)
- (US) Yahoo! News Article: "Scholars fret about fate of 'holy grail' German abbey books" (by David Rising, 26 Dec 2016) (by admin on Jan 11, 2017)
- (UK) British Library - Medieval Manuscripts Blog: "Christmas Coronations" (by Becky Lawton, Dec 2016) (by admin on Dec 27, 2016)
- (UK) Medieval Manuscripts Blog: "The Medieval Origins of the Christmas Carol" (23 Dec 2016) (by admin on Dec 24, 2016)