Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New Publication
The first part of this manual, first published in 1725, discusses the performance of various steps including demi coupé, bourée, chassé, and pirouette. Through the use of text and tables, Rameau also provides discussion on an improved and simplified version of Feuillet notation, the eighteenth-century system of recording dances.
The second part of the text consists of notations for twelve duets choreographed by French dancer and choreographer, Guillaume-Louis Pecour. The text is entirely in French, with many examples in Feuillet notation.Author: Rameau, Pierre
Year: 1725, 2011 “
Visit the Dance Books website for more information on this title as well as many other early dance titles.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) Composers Edition Release: "Gesualdo: Sacrae Cantiones II - An analysis towards reconstruction" (by James Wood, Nov 2015) (by admin on Feb 14, 2016)
- (US) The Atlantic Article: The Research Pirates of the Dark Web (by Kaveh Waddell, 9 Feb 2016) (by admin on Feb 11, 2016)
- (UK) The Guardian Article: " Dates of key Mozart symphonies are wrong, claims music scholar" (by Mark Brown, 10 Jan 2016) (by admin on Jan 13, 2016)
- (DE) "Tobi's Notenarchive" Website Updates (by admin on Jan 11, 2016)
- (NL) The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek Online (Sep 2015) (by admin on Dec 13, 2015)