Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New Publication
The first part of this manual, first published in 1725, discusses the performance of various steps including demi coupé, bourée, chassé, and pirouette. Through the use of text and tables, Rameau also provides discussion on an improved and simplified version of Feuillet notation, the eighteenth-century system of recording dances.
The second part of the text consists of notations for twelve duets choreographed by French dancer and choreographer, Guillaume-Louis Pecour. The text is entirely in French, with many examples in Feuillet notation.Author: Rameau, Pierre
Year: 1725, 2011 “
Visit the Dance Books website for more information on this title as well as many other early dance titles.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) Cambridge University Press New Release: "The Manual of Musical Instrument Conservation" (by admin on Aug 01, 2015)
- (UK) Cambridge University Press New Release: "The History of the Erard Piano and Harp in Letters and Documents, 1785–1959 - 2 Volume Set" (July 2015) (by admin on Jul 28, 2015)
- (DE) Tree Edition Lute Manuscripts Releases (by admin on Jul 13, 2015)
- (UK) DanceBooks.co.uk New Arrivals: Early Dance DVD's (by admin on Jul 02, 2015)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) Release: Francesco Antonio Pistocchi Scherzi musicali [op. II] - Duetti e terzetti, op. III Edizione critica (by admin on Jun 27, 2015)