Conferences 2012: (UK) Early Dance Circle (EDC) Forthcoming 2012 Conferences (17 Feb 2012, 16-18 Mar 2012)
The Circle’s recognised objects are to foster knowledge, understanding and appreciation of dance and its context in European society up to and including the twentieth century - and of its music and of other subjects in so far as they affect or are affected by Early Dance.”
The following is a list of upcoming 2012 conferences …
17th February, 2012
2012 EDC Annual Lecture
Dr Irene Brandenburg, University of Salzburg
“Dance in eighteenth-century opera: Gluck, Mozart and Idomeneo”, featuring a DVD of a “reconstruction” of the Chaconne in Idomeneo, made by Claudia Jeschke and Sibylle Dahms with dancer Rainer Krenstetter.
Venue - The Hall at the Art Workers Guild, 6 Queen Square, WC1N 3AT
With the generous financial support of the Austrian Cultural Forum London.
For further information and to reserve your free place, please contact
Sharon Butler (020 8699 8519) or Barbara Segal (020 7700 4293)
16th-18th March, 2012
EDC Biennial Conference 2012
Dance and Society
Venue - Farnham Castle, Castle Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 0AG
To include a ball on Saturday evening
For further information, please contact: Barbara Segal (020 7700 4293)
Visit the Early Dance Circle (EDC) website for more information.
More articles in category Conferences 2012
- (UK) Medieval and Renaissance Music Conference 2012 (8 -11 jul 2012) (by Admin on Jun 06, 2012)
- (US) New England Chapter of the American Musicological Society (AMS) Meeting Call for Papers (CFP) (Deadline: 13 jul 2012) (Meeting: 29 sep 2012) (by Admin on Jun 05, 2012)
- (UK) Institute of Musical Research Conference: Music and Shape (12-14 jul 2012) (by Admin on May 30, 2012)
- (IT) Fondazione Giorgi Cini Conference: "Seminari di Musica Antica Egida Sartori e Laura Alvini Child soloists in Paris (1680-1720). Charpentier, Nivers, Clérambault, Campra" (23-29 may 2012) (by Admin on May 22, 2012)
- (US) CFP (Deadline Extended): New Beethoven Research, AMS/SEM/SMT New Orleans pre-conference, 31 Oct-1Nov 2012 (by Admin on May 18, 2012)