Books/Manuscript: (UK) Musica Antiqua
"Our vision for Musica Antiqua is very clear: with both of the founders being active professional early musicians, we feel we have a direct line to those performers and musicologists who are currently at the forefront of early music. Our aim is to provide articles written by the performers and musiciologists themselves. We intend also to bring a unique and creative design and layout to the articles in the magazine. Musica Antiqua will concentrate on music from the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries, and on bringing you all the latest news and developments from around the world." (Claire Bracher, Editor)
Writers and contributers of the first issue: Ton Koopman, Jordi Savall, Edward Higginbottom, Judy Tarling, Mahan Esfahani, Chris Gabbitas (King's Singers) and many more.
About the editor: “Claire Bracher studied viola da gamba at the Hochschule fuer Kunste in Germany, and won a scholarship to study at the Royal College of Music. Claire has performed numerous solo and chamber music concerts, as well as radio and TV broadcasts worldwide, including Bach Cantatas with Ton Koopman in Carnegie Hall, consort songs with the King’s Singers, and live interview and performances on BBC Radio 3/NDR/WDR. She has recorded for ‘cpo’ and ‘Lunaris’, and 2012 sees the release of her solo G.P.Telemann sonatas CD. Claire currently teaches the viol consorts at the Royal College of Music, where she founded the ‘ RCM International Festival of Viols’, the leading annual UK Viol Festival. Claire performs extensively with her ensemble Labyrinthe, and duo partner, theorbist, Jadran Duncumb.“
Visit the Musica Antiqua website for more information.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) DanceBooks.co.uk New Arrivals: Early Dance DVD's (by admin on Jul 02, 2015)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) Release: Francesco Antonio Pistocchi Scherzi musicali [op. II] - Duetti e terzetti, op. III Edizione critica (by admin on Jun 27, 2015)
- (ES) Spanish Ministry of Culture Prize Award: "The Golden Age of violin making in Spain" (Jorge Pozas) (by admin on Jun 20, 2015)
- (FR) Frank Mento: "Harpsichord Training Method" (by admin on Jun 06, 2015)
- (NL) Brill Recent Book Release: "The Book Trade in the Italian Renaissance" (Angela Nuovo. Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane) (by admin on Jun 03, 2015)