Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New publications
You will find “two new publications for you this month: a reprint of Cyril Beaumont's 'The Ballet called Swan Lake', a classic work on the world's most popular ballet, which should be read by all dancers, producers, musicians, historians and audiences; and a reprint of the 1924 English translation of Angelo Constantini's biography of Tiberio Fiorilli, an early commedia dell'arte player who is credited with creating the character Scaramouch. The 1924 edition of this beautiful book is exceptionally scarce, having been printed in an ediiton of only 390 copies.”You will find ordering facilities for these and other new titles at the Dance Books website.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) Cardiff University News: "Rare Renaissance musical treasures discovered" (06 June 2016) (by admin on Jun 13, 2016)
- (DE) Tree Edition ~ Music for the Lute: Recently Released Items (by admin on Jun 12, 2016)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) Announces its Updated Catalogue (by admin on Feb 23, 2016)
- (UK) Composers Edition Release: "Gesualdo: Sacrae Cantiones II - An analysis towards reconstruction" (by James Wood, Nov 2015) (by admin on Feb 14, 2016)
- (US) The Atlantic Article: The Research Pirates of the Dark Web (by Kaveh Waddell, 9 Feb 2016) (by admin on Feb 11, 2016)