Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New publications
You will find “two new publications for you this month: a reprint of Cyril Beaumont's 'The Ballet called Swan Lake', a classic work on the world's most popular ballet, which should be read by all dancers, producers, musicians, historians and audiences; and a reprint of the 1924 English translation of Angelo Constantini's biography of Tiberio Fiorilli, an early commedia dell'arte player who is credited with creating the character Scaramouch. The 1924 edition of this beautiful book is exceptionally scarce, having been printed in an ediiton of only 390 copies.”You will find ordering facilities for these and other new titles at the Dance Books website.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) Cambridge University Press New Release: "The Manual of Musical Instrument Conservation" (by admin on Aug 01, 2015)
- (UK) Cambridge University Press New Release: "The History of the Erard Piano and Harp in Letters and Documents, 1785–1959 - 2 Volume Set" (July 2015) (by admin on Jul 28, 2015)
- (DE) Tree Edition Lute Manuscripts Releases (by admin on Jul 13, 2015)
- (UK) DanceBooks.co.uk New Arrivals: Early Dance DVD's (by admin on Jul 02, 2015)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) Release: Francesco Antonio Pistocchi Scherzi musicali [op. II] - Duetti e terzetti, op. III Edizione critica (by admin on Jun 27, 2015)