Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New publications
You will find “two new publications for you this month: a reprint of Cyril Beaumont's 'The Ballet called Swan Lake', a classic work on the world's most popular ballet, which should be read by all dancers, producers, musicians, historians and audiences; and a reprint of the 1924 English translation of Angelo Constantini's biography of Tiberio Fiorilli, an early commedia dell'arte player who is credited with creating the character Scaramouch. The 1924 edition of this beautiful book is exceptionally scarce, having been printed in an ediiton of only 390 copies.”You will find ordering facilities for these and other new titles at the Dance Books website.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (DE) Tree Edition Book Releases February 2017 (by admin on Jan 17, 2017)
- (FR) Musicologie Book Review: "L'orchestre à cordes sous Louis xiv" (by Duron Jean et Gétreau Florence, 2016) (Review by Jean-Marc Warszawski, 15 Jan 2017) (by admin on Jan 17, 2017)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) New Title Release: "Rivista Internazionale di Musica Sacra - n. 37, 2016/1-2" (by admin on Jan 12, 2017)
- (IT) Ut Orpheus Edizioni: "Ad Parnassum Journal Newest Issue XIV/27" (April 2016) (by admin on Jan 11, 2017)
- (US) Yahoo! News Article: "Scholars fret about fate of 'holy grail' German abbey books" (by David Rising, 26 Dec 2016) (by admin on Jan 11, 2017)