Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New publications
You will find “two new publications for you this month: a reprint of Cyril Beaumont's 'The Ballet called Swan Lake', a classic work on the world's most popular ballet, which should be read by all dancers, producers, musicians, historians and audiences; and a reprint of the 1924 English translation of Angelo Constantini's biography of Tiberio Fiorilli, an early commedia dell'arte player who is credited with creating the character Scaramouch. The 1924 edition of this beautiful book is exceptionally scarce, having been printed in an ediiton of only 390 copies.”You will find ordering facilities for these and other new titles at the Dance Books website.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) The Telegraph Article: "Sotheby's clashes with expert over Beethoven manuscript that fails to sell after public row over authenticity" (by Lydia Willgress, 29 Nov 2016) (by admin on Nov 30, 2016)
- (UK) The Guardian: "Thomas Becket's personal book of psalms 'found in Cambridge library' " (by Alison Flood, 01 Oct 2016) (by admin on Oct 02, 2016)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana: "Call for Proposal" (by admin on Sep 28, 2016)
- (IT) Libreria Musical Italiana Book Release: "La scuola violoncellistica di Gaetano Ciandelli " (Enrica Donisi, 2016) (by admin on Sep 14, 2016)
- (UK) Cardiff University News: "Rare Renaissance musical treasures discovered" (06 June 2016) (by admin on Jun 13, 2016)