Early Music Concerts 2012-2013
Early Music Concerts 2012-2013: (US) Bach Collegium San Diego Celebrates Tenth Anniversary Season
(From a recent BCSD newsrelease)
San Diego - Bach Collegium San Diego (BCSD), the city’s only early music performance ensemble, celebrates its Tenth Anniversary Season with an eclectic program of early and Baroque music concerts.
"With the final notes of last season's closer still ringing in our ears, we are excited to be entering a milestone in the history of the Bach Collegium San Diego--our tenth anniversary season!" said artistic director Ruben Valenzuela. "This season will be full of exciting projects, including a new outreach project featuring a Bach Cantata series performed downtown, as well as an exciting new venue at the San Diego History Center in Balboa Park. We hope to see many of you this coming year as we continue to bring to San Diego the very best in early music."
The Tenth Anniversary Season begins with a tribute to Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee, "Vivat! Music for an English Coronation," on September 28 and 29, 2012, featuring Zadok the Priest by George Frideric Handel. Handel's coronation anthem Zadok the Priest has been used at all English coronations since used at the coronation of George II in 1727.
A sequence of choral music for Advent and Christmas will be sung by candlelight to mark the holidays in "Hodie! Christus Natus Est," December 14 and 15, 2012. Just in time for Valentine's Day, "When Cupid Strikes" is a program of music reflecting the love and passion of the day on February 8 and 9, 2013.
Handel's beloved Messiah marks the Easter season on March 15 and 16, and the Tenth Anniversary Season closes with "A Venetian Vespers" on May 17 and 18.
Details and tickets can be found at the BCSD website.
More articles in category Early Music Concerts 2012-2013
- (FR) Harmonia Musicae Concerts: "An Italian Mass at Counter-Reformation Times" (4-6 Jul 2013) (by harmoniamusicae on Jun 08, 2013)
- (US) Bach Society Houston: "Chamber Music: Virtuoso violin music from the Dresden Court" (26 May 2013) (by admin on May 19, 2013)
- (UK) The Sixteen Concerts: "The Choral Pilgrimage 2013" (by admin on May 17, 2013)
- (FR) Akadêmia, Direction Françoise Lasserre Concerts: "Gloria - Vivaldi" (29-31 May 2013) (by admin on May 14, 2013)
- (FR) Syntagma Early Music Ensemble Concert-Conferences: "Missa Sine Nomine" and Songs by Cornago (16, 17, 19 May 2013) (by admin on May 12, 2013)