Reviews 2012: (US) Opera Lafayette: Reviews of Le Roi et le fermier
Visit the Opera Lafayette website to read the complete set of reviews (9 in total) of their US performances. You may also be interested in visiting Andrew Appel’s blog “Playing the Palace”.
Mr. Appel is chronicling the behind the scene work behind the performances, recording as well as providing some historical insight on the stage construction in Versailles. (highly recommended!)
Opera Lafayette will next perform at the Opéra Royal de Versailles.
More articles in category Reviews 2012
- (US) Opera Today Review: "Mozart’s Ghost finds its Way through Das Labyrinth" (Rebecca Schmid, 6 Oct 2012) (by Admin on Oct 07, 2012)
- (UK) Opera Today Review: "Bach Mass in B minor, BBC Prom 26" (Robert Hugill, reviewer) (3 Aug 2012) (by Admin on Aug 21, 2012)
- (UK) Local Secrets Guide Review: "Trio Mediaeval Trio meets Trinity in an ethereal Smorgasbord" by By Jane Bower (3 jun 2012) (by Admin on Jun 26, 2012)
- (US) Opera Today Review: "The Magic Flute in San Francisco" by Michael Milenski (15 jun 2012) (by Admin on Jun 25, 2012)
- (UK) Opera Today Review by Robert Hugill (4 jun 2012): "Handel and the Rival Queens: Lufthansa Baroque Festival" (by Admin on Jun 14, 2012)