“About Explore the British Library
Explore the British Library allows you to search both the British Library's website and the Library's collections. You can also order many collection items. Explore the British Library makes it easy for you to find what you are looking for.
Explore the British Library searches over 56 million items:
- Circa 13 million records for the Library's holdings of books, journals, newspapers, conferences, maps, scores etc. (i.e. the same collection that you can search using the Library's Integrated Catalogue)
- 37 million journal article records, from our electronic table of contents system
- Thousands of records for British Library web pages
- 5 million records of Library's Sound Archive items
- Web Archive links (freely available on the web)
- Thousands of electronic journal and book records and hundreds of database records (most subscribed*; some freely available on the web)
- More than 450 Research datasets records (freely available on the web)
- BNB records, for items held in the British Library collection.
* Owing to licensing reasons, subscribed electronic items are only available from British Library workstations within the Library's Reading Rooms and Business & IP Centre.”
Visit website for more information. (ed.)
Added on: Oct 16, 2011 | Hits: 600