“Principal aims of IAML are:
- To encourage and promote the activities of music libraries, archives and documentation centres and to strengthen cooperation among institutions and individuals working in these fields.
- To promote a better understanding of the cultural importance of music libraries, archives and documentation centres nationally and internationally.
- To support and facilitate the realization of projects in music bibliography, music documentation and music library and information science at national and international levels.
- To promote the availability of all publications and documents relating to music, including international exchange and lending.
- To support the development of international and national standards for cataloguing, preservation and availability of music materials.
- To promote professional education and training.
- To further the bibliographic control of music collections of all kinds.
- To support the protection and preservation of musical documents of all periods.
- To cooperate with other international organizations in IAML's fields of interest.
- To bring together interested people at its annual meetings.“
Visit website for more information. (ed.)
Added on: Oct 18, 2011 | Hits: 247