News 2005-2009: (AR) The Influence of Leather in the Fortepiano Evolution in the XVIII and XIX Centuries
An article on “The Influence of Leather in the Fortepiano Evolution in the XVIII and XIX Centuries” by Gustavo Adrián DEFEO F.S.L.T.C.
The Fortepiano origin
I can imagine most of the presents will have many questions on my presentation: First of all
what is the relation between Leather and the Fortepiano? Why here in the Palazzo della
Signoria? Let’s look back three centuries ago in this same room, during the baroque period, the times of the Great Prince Ferdinando de Medici.
He himself was an excellent harpsichordist and had one of the most impressive collections of musical instruments made by great luthiers and cembalari (harpsichord makers) of that times. ..“
Visit leather influence link to read the full article.
More articles in category News 2005-2009
- (US) A Lute Summit -- Interview and news article from Minnesota Public Radio (by Admin on Dec 24, 2009)
- (UK) Composer reinvents the piano (by Admin on Dec 06, 2009)
- (US) PalacePianos.com -- Experts in Unique Art Case Pianos (by Admin on Dec 06, 2009)
- (US) 39th Annual AMIS Meeting (May 26-29/2010) (by Admin on Nov 30, 2009)
- (UK) Royal Society's 350th anniversary -- Trailblazing Timeline Site (by Admin on Nov 30, 2009)