Workshops/Festivals 2009: (AU) Festival Baroque Australia - Solo to Symphony (Sept. 18-21, 2009)
Australia's first Baroque Music Festival is coming to Perth from 18th - 21st September 2009. A celebration of the music of Bach, Handel, Vivaldi and other greats of the Baroque era.
Go for Baroque - it's the New Music of the 21st Century!
Why an Australian Baroque Music Festival?
Baroque music, composed between 1600 and 1750, is the New Music of the 21st Century. Over the last 40 or so years, music scholars, performers and audiences have been discovering just how vibrant, elegant and relevant to our lives this music is.
Surprisingly, Australia has no regular, or indeed irregular, Baroque music festival. Such festivals are common in nearly every European country (even Malta has its Handel festival!) and in North America. This is not for lack of Australian talent or audience interest - indeed, Australia has many world-class baroque singers and musicians, and is constantly exporting them to other countries.
Perth's Festival Baroque will showcase Baroque musicians from all over Australia and also bring home some of those who have been making their name overseas. ..“
Visit website for more information (ed.): Festival Baroque Australia - Solo to Symphony
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2009
- (US) Longy School of Music -- International Baroque Institute at Longy (July 23-Aug. 1, 2009) (by Admin on May 03, 2010)
- (UK) Greenwich Festival -- quick snaps (Nov. 14/2009) (by Admin on Dec 24, 2009)
- (AR) Festival de Clave en la Asociación Cultural Pestalozzi (Nov. 13 - Dec. 4/2009) (by Admin on Nov 11, 2009)
- (BE) Course Manneristic Madrigals of Monteverdi (by Musica on Nov 09, 2009)
- (UK) The 2009 Greenwich International Early Music Festival and Exhibition (Nov. 13-15/2009) (by Admin on Nov 03, 2009)