Workshops/Festivals 2009: (CZ) Prachatice Summer School of Early Music (July 12-19, 2009)
Summer School of Early Music 2009 is an Early Music course targeting the historically informed performance mainly of Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque music. This year some of the recorder classes will concentrate on the contemporary or folk music.
The programme of the course includes individual lessons, group teaching of techniques, ensemble playing, listening workshops, lectures, and concerts of lecturers and participants and lots of chances to play with fellow participants (instrumentalists as well as vocalists) from all over the World.
Prachatice is situated in the southern part of Czech Republic, c. 30 km east of České Budějovice, 130 km south from Prague, 200 km north-east of Munich and 200 km north-west of Vienna.
The town is fascinating primarily because of its large medieval fortifications, entrance gate with battlements, dominant late Gothic church, the Old Town-Hall with inner porticos and a number of Renaissance buildings.
Peter Holtslag Recorder, Baroque flute
Alan Davis Recorder
Kerstin de Witt Recorder
Jostein Gundersen Recorder
Jan Rokyta Recorder
Liselotte Rokyta Panpipes
Rebecca Stewart Early singing
Mami Irisawa Early singing
Julie Braná Recorder
Monika Devátá Recorder - Children's Class
Jan Kvapil Recorder
Edita Keglerová Harpsichord
Visit website for more information (ed.): Prachatice Summer School of Early Music
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2009
- (US) Longy School of Music -- International Baroque Institute at Longy (July 23-Aug. 1, 2009) (by Admin on May 03, 2010)
- (UK) Greenwich Festival -- quick snaps (Nov. 14/2009) (by Admin on Dec 24, 2009)
- (AR) Festival de Clave en la Asociación Cultural Pestalozzi (Nov. 13 - Dec. 4/2009) (by Admin on Nov 11, 2009)
- (BE) Course Manneristic Madrigals of Monteverdi (by Musica on Nov 09, 2009)
- (UK) The 2009 Greenwich International Early Music Festival and Exhibition (Nov. 13-15/2009) (by Admin on Nov 03, 2009)