Workshops/Festivals 2009: (DE) Handel Festival 2009 (June 4-14, 2009)
Handel – the European
The Halle Handel Festival 2009 is under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, Horst Köhler.
In this major Handel anniversary year of 2009, we cordially invite you to come and experience the music of the great master of Halle at venues he knew during his youth. With performances by world-class musicians, pieces well-known and pieces newly discovered, for Halle, the city of Handel, 2009 is a year of festivities and you are warmly invited to join in the celebrations with us.
The title bannering this year’s festival is "Handel - the European" and it features masterpieces from all his periods of work and all genres. The programme includes his early chamber music and Italian cantatas, which reveal the central German tradition underlying Handel’s music but also the influence of his years in Italy.
While in Italy, Handel was also marked by the Baroque opera seria. Out of more than 40 works by him in this genre, we will be seeing stage productions of Floridante, Ariodante, Alcina and Serse.“
Visit website for more information (ed.): (DE) Handel Festival 2009
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2009
- (US) Longy School of Music -- International Baroque Institute at Longy (July 23-Aug. 1, 2009) (by Admin on May 03, 2010)
- (UK) Greenwich Festival -- quick snaps (Nov. 14/2009) (by Admin on Dec 24, 2009)
- (AR) Festival de Clave en la Asociación Cultural Pestalozzi (Nov. 13 - Dec. 4/2009) (by Admin on Nov 11, 2009)
- (BE) Course Manneristic Madrigals of Monteverdi (by Musica on Nov 09, 2009)
- (UK) The 2009 Greenwich International Early Music Festival and Exhibition (Nov. 13-15/2009) (by Admin on Nov 03, 2009)