Discography: (BE) Scherzi Musicali CD Release: "How pleasant 'tis to Love!" (Henry Purcell)
"Few of the many recordings devoted to Henry Purcell have succeeded in capturing all the richness and diversity of musical instruments of the late 17th century. Here well-known pieces by Purcell played take on an entirely new and unexpected colouring, while also serving to highlight the theatricality of the vocal airs. ...
... Scherzi Musicali has recorded five CD's, published by Outhere (Ricercar and Alpha) and Musique en Wallonie. After four recordings of works previously never released on CD — "l’Euridice" by Giulio Caccini, the album "Dulcis Amor Iesu" (motets of Giovanni Felice Sances), the album "Petits Motets" dedicated to the Brussels composer Joseph-Hector Fiocco, and Domenico Mazzocchi's "La Catena d’Adone" —, their latest recording "How pleasant 'tis to Love" is devoted to Purcell's songs.
Each of Scherzi Musicali’s records have generated genuine enthusiasm from the international press, garnering awards such as the Diapason d’or découverte, Joker (Crescendo magazine), Octaves de la Musique Classique, La clé (ResMusica), Prelude Classics Award, 4-star (Monde de la musique), Muse d'Or & Muse du mois (Muse baroque), Golden Ring (Classic Info), Outstanding (International Record Review)."
Visit the Scherzi Musicali website for more information of the recording and of purchase options.
More articles in category Discography
- (FR) "L'art du madrigal selon l'ensemble Voces suave" Review (by Jean-Marc Warszawski, 28 Nov 2016) (by admin on Dec 06, 2016)
- (DE) Deutsche Grammophon CD Box Set Release: "W.A. Mozart, The New Complete Edition" (28 Oct 2016) (by admin on Dec 05, 2016)
- (US) Musica Pacifica CD Release: "Mi Palpita Il Cor: Baroque Passions" (Navona Records, 14 Oct 2016) (by admin on Dec 01, 2016)
- (ES) Alia Vox CD Release: "El Llibre Vermell de Montserrat" (29 Nov 2016) (by admin on Dec 01, 2016)
- (ES) Capella de Ministrers (CdM)-Carles Magraner CD Release: "Hic et Nunc - Live in Concert" (by admin on Dec 01, 2016)