Discography: (BE) Scherzi Musicali CD Release: "How pleasant 'tis to Love!" (Henry Purcell)
"Few of the many recordings devoted to Henry Purcell have succeeded in capturing all the richness and diversity of musical instruments of the late 17th century. Here well-known pieces by Purcell played take on an entirely new and unexpected colouring, while also serving to highlight the theatricality of the vocal airs. ...
... Scherzi Musicali has recorded five CD's, published by Outhere (Ricercar and Alpha) and Musique en Wallonie. After four recordings of works previously never released on CD — "l’Euridice" by Giulio Caccini, the album "Dulcis Amor Iesu" (motets of Giovanni Felice Sances), the album "Petits Motets" dedicated to the Brussels composer Joseph-Hector Fiocco, and Domenico Mazzocchi's "La Catena d’Adone" —, their latest recording "How pleasant 'tis to Love" is devoted to Purcell's songs.
Each of Scherzi Musicali’s records have generated genuine enthusiasm from the international press, garnering awards such as the Diapason d’or découverte, Joker (Crescendo magazine), Octaves de la Musique Classique, La clé (ResMusica), Prelude Classics Award, 4-star (Monde de la musique), Muse d'Or & Muse du mois (Muse baroque), Golden Ring (Classic Info), Outstanding (International Record Review)."
Visit the Scherzi Musicali website for more information of the recording and of purchase options.
More articles in category Discography
- (UK) Gramophone Editor's Choice - Blue-Ray of the Month: " Alcina & Tamerlano, Handel by Les Talens Lyriques (dir. Christophe Rousset), Alpha" (by David Vickers) (by admin on Jan 13, 2017)
- (BE) Outhere Music CD Release: "Sigismund von Neukomm - REQUIEM à la mémoire de Louis XVI" (Jan 2017) (by admin on Jan 13, 2017)
- (SE) BIS Records CD Releases (by admin on Jan 12, 2017)
- (UK) Linn Records Blog: "Dunedin Consort Tops The Critics' Picks" (by admin on Jan 12, 2017)
- (CZ) Arte Records CD Release: "Jan Dismas Zelenka: Psalmi Vespertini II - Ensemble Inégal, Adam Viktora" (by admin on Jan 11, 2017)