Discography: (BE) Scherzi Musicali CD Release: "How pleasant 'tis to Love!" (Henry Purcell)
"Few of the many recordings devoted to Henry Purcell have succeeded in capturing all the richness and diversity of musical instruments of the late 17th century. Here well-known pieces by Purcell played take on an entirely new and unexpected colouring, while also serving to highlight the theatricality of the vocal airs. ...
... Scherzi Musicali has recorded five CD's, published by Outhere (Ricercar and Alpha) and Musique en Wallonie. After four recordings of works previously never released on CD — "l’Euridice" by Giulio Caccini, the album "Dulcis Amor Iesu" (motets of Giovanni Felice Sances), the album "Petits Motets" dedicated to the Brussels composer Joseph-Hector Fiocco, and Domenico Mazzocchi's "La Catena d’Adone" —, their latest recording "How pleasant 'tis to Love" is devoted to Purcell's songs.
Each of Scherzi Musicali’s records have generated genuine enthusiasm from the international press, garnering awards such as the Diapason d’or découverte, Joker (Crescendo magazine), Octaves de la Musique Classique, La clé (ResMusica), Prelude Classics Award, 4-star (Monde de la musique), Muse d'Or & Muse du mois (Muse baroque), Golden Ring (Classic Info), Outstanding (International Record Review)."
Visit the Scherzi Musicali website for more information of the recording and of purchase options.
More articles in category Discography
- (IT) Dynamic Record Label New Release: " Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach Keyboard Music " ( Giovanni Togni - Tangentenflügel (tangent piano)/Recorded Nov 2013) (by admin on Oct 02, 2016)
- (UK) The Sixteen: "The Sixteen Digital Shop is moving" (by admin on Sep 29, 2016)
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "A Fretwork Retrospective, Part 2" (by Wendy Gillespie, 24 Sep 2016) (by admin on Sep 29, 2016)
- (UK) Albion Media News Release: "Globe Music Label Second Release - Selection of Period Music" (by admin on Sep 28, 2016)
- (BE) Outhere Music "Celebrating the Baroque" (by admin on Sep 28, 2016)