Workshops/Festivals 2013: (DE) Bachfest Leipzig 2013 (14-23 June 2013)
Location: Leipzig, Germany
“Vita Christi" • June 14–23, 2013
For the first time, an organiser has dared to draw theological, dramaturgical and compositional lay lines between Bach’s great oratorical works in the programme of a festival. The Christmas Oratorio, the St. John Passion and the Easter and Ascension Oratorios form together a grand oratorio project which must have been a highlight in the musical life of Leipzig in 1734/1735. On a total of three concert evenings, these scenes from the vita Christi will be presented in Bach’s unique musical realization. The oratorios will be directed by Trevor Pinnock and Sir John Eliot Gardiner. …
The Bible stories of the life of Jesus Christ inspired many composers to write original works. In this context, you will also be hearing works by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, Haydn, Schubert, Beethoven and Schumann. All the musical services are dedicated to the motto »Vita Chisti«: Every day, cantatas by Johann Sebastian Bach will be performed that illustrate the life of Christ. Tried and tested concert series such as »For Connoisseurs and Enthusiasts«, »Bach out and about«, »BACHmosphere « and the »b@ch for us!« programme for children, young people and families, offer all kinds of reasons to spend some time in Leipzig with its authentic historic Bach places.
The pre-sale for the Bachfest Leipzig 2013 has started. We look forward to seeing you!
The Bachfest Leipzig is partner festival of the World Federation of International Music Competitions, Geneva.
Visit the Bachfest Leipzig website for more information as well as for ticket information.
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2013
- (UK) Royal Greenwich International Early Music Festival and Exhibition 2013 (7-9 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 04, 2013)
- (AU) Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy: "Dancing With the Masters" (23 Nov 2013 -- 08 Feb 2014) (by admin on Nov 04, 2013)
- (UK) Handel House: "The Italian Connection Recorder Workshop" (9 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 03, 2013)
- (BE) Leuven Fringe Festival III (16-17 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 03, 2013)
- (US) NEW YORK EARLY MUSIC CELEBRATION 2013: Pro Musica Polonica (4-20 Oct 2013) (by admin on Sep 08, 2013)