Books/Manuscript: (DE) Tree Edition October Newsletter
The DANZIG LUTE BOOK (Danzig [Gdansk] tablature 4022)
"is a collection of early seventeenth century lute music of Gdansk provenance, now kept in Berlin. This tablature was lost during the Second World War. Unexpectedly, after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the resulting political changes, this manuscript was revealed to be in the collection of the Staatsbibliothek Preussischer Kulturbesitz in East Berlin: it turned out that during the war part of the Gdansk library collection was taken to Moscow, and from there the whole collection was transferred to the Berlin Staatsbibliothek Preussischer Kulturbesitz in the 1950s...
The TREE facsimile edition of the Danzig Lute Book also contains an introduction and an inventory with concordances by Polish-Canadian lutenist Magdalena Tomsinska. The manuscript from ca. 1620 contains 222 pieces, mainly dances (Polish, French, English, German, Italian, Netherlands, Hungarian and Ruthenian) and arrangements of popular songs.
THE DANZIG LUTE BOOK
160 pages/Hard bound/Text in English/French tablature/Renaissance tuning"
Visit the Tree Edition website for more information.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) Release: Francesco Antonio Pistocchi Scherzi musicali [op. II] - Duetti e terzetti, op. III Edizione critica (by admin on Jun 27, 2015)
- (ES) Spanish Ministry of Culture Prize Award: "The Golden Age of violin making in Spain" (Jorge Pozas) (by admin on Jun 20, 2015)
- (FR) Frank Mento: "Harpsichord Training Method" (by admin on Jun 06, 2015)
- (NL) Brill Recent Book Release: "The Book Trade in the Italian Renaissance" (Angela Nuovo. Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane) (by admin on Jun 03, 2015)
- (IT) Edizione Antonino Reggio (by antonino1725 on May 20, 2015)