Books/Manuscript: (DE) Tree Edition October Newsletter
The DANZIG LUTE BOOK (Danzig [Gdansk] tablature 4022)
"is a collection of early seventeenth century lute music of Gdansk provenance, now kept in Berlin. This tablature was lost during the Second World War. Unexpectedly, after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the resulting political changes, this manuscript was revealed to be in the collection of the Staatsbibliothek Preussischer Kulturbesitz in East Berlin: it turned out that during the war part of the Gdansk library collection was taken to Moscow, and from there the whole collection was transferred to the Berlin Staatsbibliothek Preussischer Kulturbesitz in the 1950s...
The TREE facsimile edition of the Danzig Lute Book also contains an introduction and an inventory with concordances by Polish-Canadian lutenist Magdalena Tomsinska. The manuscript from ca. 1620 contains 222 pieces, mainly dances (Polish, French, English, German, Italian, Netherlands, Hungarian and Ruthenian) and arrangements of popular songs.
THE DANZIG LUTE BOOK
160 pages/Hard bound/Text in English/French tablature/Renaissance tuning"
Visit the Tree Edition website for more information.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (DE) Tree Edition Book Releases February 2017 (by admin on Jan 17, 2017)
- (FR) Musicologie Book Review: "L'orchestre à cordes sous Louis xiv" (by Duron Jean et Gétreau Florence, 2016) (Review by Jean-Marc Warszawski, 15 Jan 2017) (by admin on Jan 17, 2017)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) New Title Release: "Rivista Internazionale di Musica Sacra - n. 37, 2016/1-2" (by admin on Jan 12, 2017)
- (IT) Ut Orpheus Edizioni: "Ad Parnassum Journal Newest Issue XIV/27" (April 2016) (by admin on Jan 11, 2017)
- (US) Yahoo! News Article: "Scholars fret about fate of 'holy grail' German abbey books" (by David Rising, 26 Dec 2016) (by admin on Jan 11, 2017)