News 2011: Early Music Groups and Year End Funding Drives
It is again that time of year when we should all take a little time to reflect on the joy and pleasures we have gained from our local early music groups, musicians and associations. While many of these are driven by a collected sense of volunteerism, I believe we are all too well aware that without any kind of financial backing, many of our concerts and venues would no doubt disappear.
It is then, at this time of year, when the year end is near, that we should contemplate helping our local early music groups generously or even “mildly generously” with their funding drives. No amount is too small to give. You may also find that some government incentives may reward your philanthropic gesture on your year’s income tax filings (check with your government tax rules, as these differ from country to country).
Please do give generously to your local early music groups and also consider volunteering your help. After all, we all gain from a healthy and strong local early music scene.
With many thanks for your generosity. May you all have a great December month of concerts.
More articles in category News 2011
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "Dancing In The Court Of The Sun King" By Laura Osterlund (18 December 2011) (by Admin on Jan 09, 2012)
- (UK) Handel House - Looking Back on 2011 (by Admin on Jan 01, 2012)
- (BE) Capilla Flamenca Newsletter (19 Dec 2011) (by Admin on Dec 30, 2011)
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "Seasonal Settings And Angelic Appearances" By Laura Osterlund (19 December 2011) (by Admin on Dec 30, 2011)
- (CA) Arion Orchestre Baroque Wishes of Christmas (by Admin on Dec 24, 2011)