Conferences 2011: (ES) 2nd International Conference: Luigi Boccherini and the Music of his Time (2011 November 2-4)
Departamento Interfacultativo de Música, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, in collaboration with the Asociación Luigi Boccherini (Madrid)
Rudolf Rasch (Universiteit Utrecht)
Elisabeth Le Guin (UCLA)
Marco Mangani (Università di Ferrara)
Call for Papers:
We are pleased to announce the 2nd International Conference Luigi Boccherini and the Music of his Time, to be hosted by the Departamento Interfacultativo de Música, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid from the 2nd to the 4th of November 2011. Proposals are invited for paper presentations in the following areas, although proposals outside the selected ones will also be considered:
• Luigi Boccherini and his Social, Cultural and Family Environment
• Manuscript and Printed Sources
• Performance Practice in Boccherini’s Music
• Choreographic and Theatrical Influences in Boccherini’s Music
Abstracts of approximately 300 words should be sent by e-mail to boccherini.conference at uam.es, by 31st July 2011. Applicants to the Performance Practice panel, whose presentation will be performed rather than read, should also send a short recording (.mp3 format, not more than 5 minutes long).Papers should be 20 min in duration, allowing for a 10 min discussion. The languages of the conference will be Spanish, Italian and English. Participants with successful proposals will be informed by the Conference Scientific Committee by 31st August 2011.
The conference will include a concert with music by Boccherini at the Real Conservatorio Superior de Música de Madrid, and – for participants wishing to remain one extra day – a visit to the Palace of the Infante don Luis de Borbón where Boccherini was employed between 1776 and 1785 in Arenas de San Pedro, on Saturday 5th November 2011.
Further information about the conference will be available from July 2011 at http://www.luigi-boccherini.org/asociacion_new.php. For any further enquiries please contact Dr Loukia Drosopoulou at boccherini.conference at uam.es.
More articles in category Conferences 2011
- (IE) Women and the 19th-Century Lied (9-10 Dec. 2011) (by Admin on Dec 06, 2011)
- (US) AMS San Francisco 2011: Awards Presented at the San Francisco Annual Meeting (12 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 22, 2011)
- (AT) Musicological Congress: “Fugacity of future? Striking a balance and opening up new perspectives of Baroque Music” (16-18 Dec 2011) (by Admin on Nov 15, 2011)
- (US) American Musicological Society (AMS) Conference: San Francisco 10-13 November 2011 (by Admin on Oct 19, 2011)
- (US) The Gothic Revolution: Music in Western Europe, 1100-1300 (Princeton University Conference) (4-6 Nov 2011) (by Admin on Sep 27, 2011)