Workshops/Festivals 2011: (FR) 1er Festival Passions Baroques à Montauban (22, 23 oct 2011)
Saturday October 22 at 4pm: Cloître des Carmes
Harpsichord recital performing works by Rameau, Couperin, Forqueray, Duphly
Benjamin Alard, harpsichord.
Saturday October 22 at 9pm: Temple des Carmes
Motets for three male voices, Marc-Antoine Charpentier
Les Passions, direction Jean-Marc Andrieu
Vincent Lièvre-Picard, Howard Crook, and Jean-Manuel Candenot , vocals
The concert in preview of the disc Beata est Maria, a collection of the finest motets for three male voices by Charpentier recorded this summer 2011 by Les Passions at l'Abbaye-Ecole de Sorèze. The disk edited by Ligia disk and distributed on October 27 by Harmonia Mundi.
Sunday October 23 at 4pm: Théâtre Olympe de Gouges
Prima Donna, the rivals of the castrati, Vivaldi
Orfeo 55, direction and contralto Nathalie Stutzmann
Visit the Les Passions web pages for more information.
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2011
- (US) Amherst Early Music Baroque Festival 2012 (8-24 Jul 2012) (by Admin on Jan 19, 2012)
- (CA) BBC Radio 3: Mary Ann Kennedy "A visit to the Chants de Vielles Festival in Quebec" (Broadcase 11 Dec 2011) (by Admin on Dec 31, 2011)
- (BR) I Festival de Música Barroca de Alcântara (2-5 dec 2011) (by Admin on Nov 27, 2011)
- (UK) Birmingham Early Music Festival Concert: "Binchois Consort ‘A Coronation for the Virgin'" (20 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 17, 2011)
- (US) Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra (PBO) "Going For Baroque With PBO" (and Kids) (19 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 09, 2011)