Conferences 2011: (FR) International Conference Franz Liszt 2011 (2011 September 20-27)
Franz Liszt: Mirror of a European Society in Evolution
Organized by the Universities of Rennes, Dijon and Strasbourg, France
As part of the bicentenary celebrations of Liszt’s birth, the universities of Rennes, Dijon and Strasbourg organize a tribute to the most representative European composer of the nineteenth century. Three symposia in three different cities will give new insight into three different aspects of Liszt s artistic, literary and political personality and seek to (re)define his status in the cultural world of his time.
- Rennes - Liszt: A Musician in Society Tuesday 20 Wednesday 21 September 2011
- Dijon - Liszt: Readings and Writings Friday 23 Saturday 24 September 2011
- Strasbourg - 19th-century Topoi and the Music of Liszt Monday 26 Tuesday 27 September 2011
Languages of publication: French and English.
More articles in category Conferences 2011
- (IE) Women and the 19th-Century Lied (9-10 Dec. 2011) (by Admin on Dec 06, 2011)
- (US) AMS San Francisco 2011: Awards Presented at the San Francisco Annual Meeting (12 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 22, 2011)
- (AT) Musicological Congress: “Fugacity of future? Striking a balance and opening up new perspectives of Baroque Music” (16-18 Dec 2011) (by Admin on Nov 15, 2011)
- (US) American Musicological Society (AMS) Conference: San Francisco 10-13 November 2011 (by Admin on Oct 19, 2011)
- (US) The Gothic Revolution: Music in Western Europe, 1100-1300 (Princeton University Conference) (4-6 Nov 2011) (by Admin on Sep 27, 2011)