Workshops/Festivals 2011: (IT) International Competition Prince Francesco Maria Ruspoli
Unlike the last edition dedicated to Flute and Recorder, this edition is aimed at interpreters of Baroque singing. This choice is in line with the objectives of the Competition, which is to achieve a complete event, dedicated, year after year, to the various artistic expressions of the Baroque period. Exploring the various aspects of musical, historical, artistic, cultural and gastronomic baroque, the Centro Studi aims to create an opportunity for study, sharing and re-enactment of the baroque atmospheres.
The purpose of the event is to find and give expressive form to the genius loci, represented by the music that was the identity of Vignanello and Castello Ruspoli in the court of Prince Francesco Maria. Proposing Vignanello as a place for dissemination of baroque music, like other European circuits, the Centro Studi want to establish dialogue and partnerships for future collaboration with baroque international centers and their festivals, such as Halle and London. …”
Extended to July 31, 2011
The 2011 edition of Competition consists of two sections which are both dedicated to the Baroque period:
- Lyrical singing Section
- Musicology Section
Under the Artistic Direction of M° Sergio Casoy for Lyrical singing Section and with the collaboration of Prof. Giorgio Monari, Responsible for the Scientific Section of Musicology, Centro Studi want to give a chance to young talents.
The winner of the Lyrical singing Section will receive a prize of 2000,00€ and more the registration of the concert in the Ruspoli Castle; while the winner of the Musicology Section will have a prize of 500,00 € and the publication of his essay.
The Announcement of Competition and the application form are available from web site www.centrostudisgm.it
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2011
- (US) Amherst Early Music Baroque Festival 2012 (8-24 Jul 2012) (by Admin on Jan 19, 2012)
- (CA) BBC Radio 3: Mary Ann Kennedy "A visit to the Chants de Vielles Festival in Quebec" (Broadcase 11 Dec 2011) (by Admin on Dec 31, 2011)
- (BR) I Festival de Música Barroca de Alcântara (2-5 dec 2011) (by Admin on Nov 27, 2011)
- (UK) Birmingham Early Music Festival Concert: "Binchois Consort ‘A Coronation for the Virgin'" (20 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 17, 2011)
- (US) Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra (PBO) "Going For Baroque With PBO" (and Kids) (19 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 09, 2011)