Workshops/Festivals 2011: (UK) 2011 Lufthansa Festival of Baroque Music (13-21 May 2011) -- Reflections by Lindsay Kemp
“Lindsay Kemp reflects on the 2011 Festival:
The Lufthansa Festival can go by in a bit of a blur, it has to be admitted. We spend a year getting ready for those eight busy days, and by the time they come around I'm already having to think hard about what to put on next year.
Sometimes I have to stop and check whether we're in 2011 or 2012! But quickly though it passed, I have some treasurable memories of this year's Festival - the kind that give you a warm glow when you think about them afterwards.
To have Philippe Herreweghe and the Collegium Vocale Gent open the week with such a wise and beautifully judged performance of Bach's B minor Mass, for example, was an experience both rich and inspiring, as was the Sunday-afternoon recital given by that great harpsichordist Gustav Leonhardt in a packed St Gabriel's Pimlico. There was a noticeably large contingent of harpsichordists in the audience for that one - in fact I've never seen so many in one place - …“
Visit the 2011 Lufthansa Festival of Baroque Music website to read more of Lindsay Kemp’s reflections of the festival. You will also find details of next year’s festival as well as sign-up to the wonderful and informative newsletter.
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2011
- (US) Amherst Early Music Baroque Festival 2012 (8-24 Jul 2012) (by Admin on Jan 19, 2012)
- (CA) BBC Radio 3: Mary Ann Kennedy "A visit to the Chants de Vielles Festival in Quebec" (Broadcase 11 Dec 2011) (by Admin on Dec 31, 2011)
- (BR) I Festival de Música Barroca de Alcântara (2-5 dec 2011) (by Admin on Nov 27, 2011)
- (UK) Birmingham Early Music Festival Concert: "Binchois Consort ‘A Coronation for the Virgin'" (20 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 17, 2011)
- (US) Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra (PBO) "Going For Baroque With PBO" (and Kids) (19 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 09, 2011)