Workshops/Festivals 2011: (UK) Brighton Early Music Festival (BREMF) (21 oct - 6 nov 2011)
“The theme of 'Dance' has provided us with the perfect follow on the last year's 'Ritual'. It again allow us to look into the very origins of music and its place in human culture from the dawn of civilisation. Music and dance have always been intimately bound together -- each influencing the other -- throughout human history, and dance can be the physical expression of how music makes us feel, as well as being an integral part of how we have always enjoyed ourselves.
Quite apart from music that actually accompanies dance, or grew from dance forms, the spirit of dance is at the heart of more music than we perhaps imagine. In this year's festival we will be kindling that spirit in the flowing and ecstatic lines of chants by Hildegard of Bingen, in the thrilling dance of interweaving notes in great polyphonic work like Thomas Tallis's forty-part motet Spem in alimum, and in solo arias by Bach and Handel.” ...
Visit the BREMF website for more information.
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2011
- (US) Amherst Early Music Baroque Festival 2012 (8-24 Jul 2012) (by Admin on Jan 19, 2012)
- (CA) BBC Radio 3: Mary Ann Kennedy "A visit to the Chants de Vielles Festival in Quebec" (Broadcase 11 Dec 2011) (by Admin on Dec 31, 2011)
- (BR) I Festival de Música Barroca de Alcântara (2-5 dec 2011) (by Admin on Nov 27, 2011)
- (UK) Birmingham Early Music Festival Concert: "Binchois Consort ‘A Coronation for the Virgin'" (20 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 17, 2011)
- (US) Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra (PBO) "Going For Baroque With PBO" (and Kids) (19 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 09, 2011)