Weblinks Revisited: (UK) Ciconia Ensemble
EarlyMusicNews.org Weblinks Revisited
The Ciconia Ensemble is dedicated to the music of the late 14th/early 15th centuries, especially the so-called Ars Subtilior, that uniquely difficult and wonderful music that flourished briefly in France and northern Italy. The group consists of Anna Maria Friman (soprano), John Potter (tenor), Susanna Pell and Jacob Heringman (lutes & vielles) and made its debut in York in 2006.
Programmes have included music by Ciconia himself, including rarely heard masses and motets, as well as troubadour songs and Minnelieder. The group performed an all-Machaut programme entitled La Parole et la Puissance: Guillaume de Machaut and the way to eternity in the 2007 Kultursommer Rheinland-Pfalz Festival
Visit the Ciconia Ensemble website for more information.
More articles in category Weblinks Revisited
- (NL) Alfonso Marin, Lutenist and Valeria Mignaco, Voice (by Admin on May 01, 2012)
- (NL) COLLEGIUM MUSICUM Den Haag (CMDH) (by Admin on Apr 04, 2012)
- (US) Flowinglass Music (Recording Label) (by Admin on Apr 03, 2012)
- (FR) Jory Vinikour, Harpsichordist (by Admin on Apr 02, 2012)
- (CR) Ganassi (by Admin on Apr 01, 2012)