Workshops/Festivals 2014: (UK) Lufthansa Festival of Baroque Music 2014 (16-24 May 2014)
Location: The Lufthansa Festival takes place at three beautiful and historic venues in the heart of London
"We know when it's time to celebrate at the Lufthansa Festival, and a clutch of anniversaries in 2014 leaves us in no doubt that now is one of those times. Not only is it our own 30th birthday, it is also the 300th anniversary of the founding of the church that today is our home, St John's Smith Square.
But it is another momentous event 300 years ago that is the main inspiration for our programming this year: 1714 was the year in which Georg, Prince-Elector of Hanover, acceded to the throne of Great Britain as George I, thereby ushering in the era of political stabilisation and economic growth that was the Georgian Age. ...
As ever, we have invited some of the world's finest musicians to join us in our elegant Baroque venue. Do come and help us celebrate!"
"From Handel's resplendent coronation anthems and oratorio Joshua to Bach's brilliant harpsichord concertos and the profound expressions of Schütz and Purcell. ... With tickets from just £10 and some great multiple concert offers, book before the best seats go!"
Visit the Lufthansa Festival website for the complete concert listings, descriptions and of ticket availability. Book early!
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2014
- (UK) Consort de Danse Baroque: Classes in London, Cardiff, Bath, Gloucester and Exeter (by admin on Aug 24, 2014)
- (AT) 38th Innsbruck Festival of Early Music (17-31 Aug 2014) (by admin on Aug 17, 2014)
- (DE) 23rd Festival of Ancient Music Knechtsteden 2014 (19-28 Sep 2014) (by admin on Aug 16, 2014)
- (UK) Dolmetsch Historical Dance Society (DHDS): 46th Annual International Summer School (27 Jul-3 Aug 2014) (by admin on Jul 23, 2014)
- (BE) MAFestival Bruges: Expo Historical Instruments (2-5 August 2014) (by admin on Jun 07, 2014)