Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New publications
You will find “two new publications for you this month: a reprint of Cyril Beaumont's 'The Ballet called Swan Lake', a classic work on the world's most popular ballet, which should be read by all dancers, producers, musicians, historians and audiences; and a reprint of the 1924 English translation of Angelo Constantini's biography of Tiberio Fiorilli, an early commedia dell'arte player who is credited with creating the character Scaramouch. The 1924 edition of this beautiful book is exceptionally scarce, having been printed in an ediiton of only 390 copies.”You will find ordering facilities for these and other new titles at the Dance Books website.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) DanceBooks.co.uk New Arrivals: Early Dance DVD's (by admin on Jul 02, 2015)
- (IT) Libreria Musicale Italiana (LIM) Release: Francesco Antonio Pistocchi Scherzi musicali [op. II] - Duetti e terzetti, op. III Edizione critica (by admin on Jun 27, 2015)
- (ES) Spanish Ministry of Culture Prize Award: "The Golden Age of violin making in Spain" (Jorge Pozas) (by admin on Jun 20, 2015)
- (FR) Frank Mento: "Harpsichord Training Method" (by admin on Jun 06, 2015)
- (NL) Brill Recent Book Release: "The Book Trade in the Italian Renaissance" (Angela Nuovo. Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane) (by admin on Jun 03, 2015)