Books/Manuscript: (UK) Dance Books: New publications
You will find “two new publications for you this month: a reprint of Cyril Beaumont's 'The Ballet called Swan Lake', a classic work on the world's most popular ballet, which should be read by all dancers, producers, musicians, historians and audiences; and a reprint of the 1924 English translation of Angelo Constantini's biography of Tiberio Fiorilli, an early commedia dell'arte player who is credited with creating the character Scaramouch. The 1924 edition of this beautiful book is exceptionally scarce, having been printed in an ediiton of only 390 copies.”You will find ordering facilities for these and other new titles at the Dance Books website.
More articles in category Books/Manuscript
- (UK) The Guardian Article: " Dates of key Mozart symphonies are wrong, claims music scholar" (by Mark Brown, 10 Jan 2016) (by admin on Jan 13, 2016)
- (DE) "Tobi's Notenarchive" Website Updates (by admin on Jan 11, 2016)
- (NL) The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek Online (Sep 2015) (by admin on Dec 13, 2015)
- (UK) The Guardian Article: " Earliest known biography of an African woman translated to English for the first time" (by Alison Flood, 03 Dec 2015) (by admin on Dec 06, 2015)
- (US) Digital Resources for Musicology (DRM) (by admin on Dec 03, 2015)