Early Music Concerts 2011-2012: (UK) The Renaissance Singers Concert: Saints & Sinners (30 jun 2012)
(From the latest Renaissance Singers newsletter)
Location: St George's Bloomsbury, London WC1A 2HR, UK
“Please join us at the stunning Hawksmoor church, St George's Bloomsbury, for our final concert of the season - Saints and Sinners. The Catholic Church has always celebrated exceptionally holy figures and encouraged the faithful to turn to saints for aid. We present the finest Renaissance music written in honour of these intercessors and advocates. From the exuberance of Palestrina’s Tu es Petrus to reflective hymns for St Francis, from the serenity of Taverner's O Wilhelme pastor bone to rumbustious hymns for Thomas Becket, we evoke a host of saints in music. …
The centrepiece of our programme is Robert Fayrfax’s glorious large-scale votive antiphon O Maria Deo grata, in a new editorial reconstruction with its original text to St Alban restored, as O Albane Deo grate.
The programme also includes Victoria's O quam gloriosum, Byrd's Justorum animae and Guerrero's Signasti Domine.”
Visit the Renaissance Singers website for more information and of ticket availability.
More articles in category Early Music Concerts 2011-2012
- (UK) The Dolmetsch Historical Dance Summer School 2012: Regency Dance (8 aug 2012) (by Admin on Jul 31, 2012)
- (UK) Wigmore Hall Concert: Sergei Istomin cello; Viviana Sofronitsky fortepiano (22 jul 2012) (by Admin on Jul 15, 2012)
- (UK) Wigmore Series Concert: Les Talens Lyriques (5 jul 2012) (by Admin on Jul 03, 2012)
- (UK) Cambridge Early Music Concert: "Bach's Library" (by Admin on Jun 24, 2012)
- (FR) Jean Cassignol (alto recorder / flute a bec alto) - Paganini Caprices 9 and 24 (live) (by Admin on Jun 24, 2012)