Early Music Concerts 2009-2010: (US) All Bach Celebration, featuring the Baroque Orchestra of Maine (BOOM) (26 June 2010)
The inaugural concert of the new group The Baroque Orchestra of Maine or 'BOOM' will take place on Friday, June 25 at 7:00pm at the Church of Universal Fellowship in Orono, and will be featured in two other concerts. This baroque orchestra will perform an all Bach program on period baroque instruments.
The concert will include celebrated concertos, orchestral pieces and solo works by Johann Sebastian Bach including the Orchestral Suite #3, Brandenburg Concerto #5, Double Violin Concerto for two violins in d-minor and movements from his solo works for cello, viola and viola da gamba. The program on June 25 will feature each member of BOOM, which includes four baroque violinists, two baroque violists, two baroque cellists and harpsichord. Led by violinists Heidi Powell and Richard Hsu, the featured artists include Dr. Anatole Wieck of the University of Maine, and come from Maine and New York City.
Visit the Bangor Daily News website for more information.
More articles in category Early Music Concerts 2009-2010
- (IT) Magnificat On The Eight Tones (8 Oct. 2010) (by harmoniamusicae on Sep 05, 2010)
- (US) Ellen Hargis: Finding Treasure and Lute in Early Music (10-12 Sept. 2010) (by Admin on Aug 26, 2010)
- (DE) Stockstädter Musiktage (Stocktadt Recorder Exhibition/Festival) (14-16 May 2010) -- Photos/Videos on YouTube (by Admin on Jun 29, 2010)
- (CH) Fifth Edition of the Harmoniques International Congress in Lausanne «Chopin et son temps» (9-12 Sept. 2010) (by Admin on Jun 23, 2010)
- (DE) Bach-Wettbewerb Leipzig 2010 (Bach Competition in Leipzig) (7-17 July 2010) (by Admin on Jun 20, 2010)