Workshops/Festivals 2011: (US) Barclay/Seraphinoff Natural Trumpet Making Workshop (2011 August 1-5)
Bloomington, IN - August 1 - 5, 2011 (Monday - Friday)
“The International Natural Trumpet Making workshop, which has been held each year since 1993, in Bloomington, Indiana, and in various European locations, will be offered again during the week of August 1 - 5, 2011 at the Workshop of Seraphnoff Historical Instruments in Bloomington, Indiana.
Under the supervision of Dr. Robert Barclay, assisted by instrument makers Richard Seraphinoff and Michael Münkwitz, participants will make a natural trumpet using the tools and methods described in Dr. Barclay's book, The Art of the Trumpet-Maker, and also illustrated and described in Making a Natural Trumpet, the new workshop guide for the course by Richard Seraphinoff and Robert Barclay.
The design which participants will make this year will be based on an original by the Nuremberg maker Hanns Hainlein (1632). Familiarity with tools and metal working techniques is desirable, but not by any means necessary. In past workshops everyone has been able to complete a playable instrument over the course of the week. The work schedule consists almost exclusively of hands-on workshop time from 9:00am to 5:00pm each day, Monday through Friday. Most participants finish their instruments by Friday early afternoon, making it possible to depart from Bloomington that afternoon or evening. … “
Visit the Workshop of Seraphnoff Historical Instrument website for more information on location, tuition etc.
More articles in category Workshops/Festivals 2011
- (US) Amherst Early Music Baroque Festival 2012 (8-24 Jul 2012) (by Admin on Jan 19, 2012)
- (CA) BBC Radio 3: Mary Ann Kennedy "A visit to the Chants de Vielles Festival in Quebec" (Broadcase 11 Dec 2011) (by Admin on Dec 31, 2011)
- (BR) I Festival de Música Barroca de Alcântara (2-5 dec 2011) (by Admin on Nov 27, 2011)
- (UK) Birmingham Early Music Festival Concert: "Binchois Consort ‘A Coronation for the Virgin'" (20 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 17, 2011)
- (US) Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra (PBO) "Going For Baroque With PBO" (and Kids) (19 nov 2011) (by Admin on Nov 09, 2011)