News 2011: (US) Early Modern Women: An Interdisciplinary Journal: Award for the Best Article $1000.
“The founding editors at the University of Maryland have established an award for the best article in each issue that carries a prize of $1000.”
Early Modern Women: An Interdisciplinary Journal is the only journal devoted solely to the interdisciplinary and global study of women and gender during the years 1400 to 1700. Each volume gathers essays on early modern women from every country and region, by scholars from a wide range of academic disciplines, including art history, cultural studies, music, history, political science, religion, theatre, history of science, and history of philosophy.
Starting June 2011, and with volume 7, EMWJ is edited by Anne J. Cruz, Mary Lindemann, and Mihoko Suzuki at the University of Miami; the editorial office will be housed at the University of Miami College of Arts and Sciences Center for the Humanities. Sarah Ritcheson, a PhD candidate in English, is editorial assistant. EMWJ acknowledges the support of the Society for the Study of Early Modern Women and the Sixteenth Century Studies Society and Conference.
More articles in category News 2011
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "Dancing In The Court Of The Sun King" By Laura Osterlund (18 December 2011) (by Admin on Jan 09, 2012)
- (UK) Handel House - Looking Back on 2011 (by Admin on Jan 01, 2012)
- (BE) Capilla Flamenca Newsletter (19 Dec 2011) (by Admin on Dec 30, 2011)
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "Seasonal Settings And Angelic Appearances" By Laura Osterlund (19 December 2011) (by Admin on Dec 30, 2011)
- (CA) Arion Orchestre Baroque Wishes of Christmas (by Admin on Dec 24, 2011)