Competitions 2012: (US) Aliénor Harpsichord Composition Competition (23 Mar 2012)
Finals for The Eighth Aliénor International Harpsichord Composition Competition will take place on Friday, March 23, 7:30 p.m. in Werner Recital Hall at CCM.The Aliénor's purpose: To encourage the composition of solo music for harpsichord and chamber music for harpsichord with modern or period instruments. The works of all finalists will be performed on the March 23 concert. Finalists in the solo category will be awarded $600 each plus additional prizes at the final concert, and the 3 finalists in the chamber music category will be awarded $800 each plus additional prizes at the final concert. The audience members are the judges for the top three prizes, which will be announced at a reception to follow.
Solo category: Microgrooves by Ivan Bozicevic; Four Iota Pieces by Thomas Donahue; Mikrokosmicals by Kent Holliday; Six Harpsichord Miniatures by Mark Janello; Night Vision by Janine Johnson; Bela Bagatelles by Glenn Spring. Vocal/Chamber: Songs of Love & Remembrance by Jeremy Beck; Aliénor Courante by Ivan Bozicevic; Al que ingrate me deja by Asako Hirabayashi.
Visit the Aliénor Harpsichord Composition Competition webpages for more information.
More articles in category Competitions 2012
- (US) Parkening International Guitar Competition Names 2012 Winners (by Admin on Jun 08, 2012)
- (BE) Musica Impulse Centre for Music: International Young Artist's Presentation (IYAP) SELECTED PROMISING ENSEMBLES 2012 (by Admin on May 22, 2012)
- (UK) The Tallis Scholars Premier Winning Compositions From the NCEM Composers Award 2012 (18 may 2012) (RE-POSTED) (by Admin on May 21, 2012)
- (US) Fifteen Competitors Selected for 2012 Parkening International Guitar Competition (by Admin on Mar 24, 2012)
- (FR) International Voice Competition at Froville (19-23 sep 2012) (Application Deadline: 22 jun 2012) (by Admin on Mar 23, 2012)