Reviews 2012: (US) Opera Today Review: "The Magic Flute in San Francisco" by Michael Milenski (15 jun 2012)
“A feast for the eyes, a feast for the ears, a Flute from America’s heartland that goes directly to your heart.
Maybe it’s those three boy sopranos who impeccably deliver the words and tones of Mozart’s three spirits and in their innocence make the hopes of mankind so real. …
… Where was the music in all of this, you ask. Well, we were having so much fun that we almost didn’t notice it. But when we did it seemed to support the words with …“
Visit the Opera Today website to read the complete review.
More articles in category Reviews 2012
- (US) Opera Today Review: "Mozart’s Ghost finds its Way through Das Labyrinth" (Rebecca Schmid, 6 Oct 2012) (by Admin on Oct 07, 2012)
- (UK) Opera Today Review: "Bach Mass in B minor, BBC Prom 26" (Robert Hugill, reviewer) (3 Aug 2012) (by Admin on Aug 21, 2012)
- (UK) Local Secrets Guide Review: "Trio Mediaeval Trio meets Trinity in an ethereal Smorgasbord" by By Jane Bower (3 jun 2012) (by Admin on Jun 26, 2012)
- (UK) Opera Today Review by Robert Hugill (4 jun 2012): "Handel and the Rival Queens: Lufthansa Baroque Festival" (by Admin on Jun 14, 2012)
- (UK) Le Concert Des Nations, Lufthansa Festival, (Review by Ivan Hewett -- 21 may 2012) (by Admin on May 25, 2012)