News 2013: (US) Real Clear Arts Blog: "Choose Your Tools To Explore Gothic Ivories"
" ... It was, probably, the little figures not the ivory they were made of that drew interest, but I thought of them when I learned recently about a project at the Courtauld Institute in London — in a task begun in 2008, it’s cataloging all known ivory sculptures made made in Western Europe ca. 1200-ca. 1530, as well as neo-Gothic pieces, and the other day it added 700 pieces to the online database. This created a mini-storm of interest. ...
Plus, some Scandinavian institutions recently joined the project, which already has a long list of collaborators. And the British Library just added two 14th century manuscripts embedded with ivory ..."
More articles in category News 2013
- (CA) Holiday Wishes from EarlyMusicNews.org (by admin on Dec 27, 2013)
- (US) ArtsJournal's Article: "How The Romans Celebrated The Holidays" (Dr Matthew Nicholls, 23 Dec 2013) (by admin on Dec 27, 2013)
- (CA) The Record.com Article: Sarah Granskou and Trevor Ewert (bowmaker), residents at Joseph Schneider House Museum (by admin on Dec 12, 2013)
- (CA) Nota Bene Baroque Players News: "WLU Music Students Chosen for New Baroque Mentorship Program" (26 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 26, 2013)
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "Music For Bass Instruments" (Nov.4 2013 edition) (by admin on Nov 17, 2013)