Early Music Concerts 2011-2012: (US) San Francisco Renaissance Voices Concert: (9 jun 2012)
Location: St. John's Presbyterian Church, 2727 College Avenue, Berkeley CA, US
“Concert from the Court of Kangxi - featuring Charles d'Ambleville's (C1599-1637) "Mass of the Beijing Jesuits" performed alternatim with traditional Chinese instruments and music
This concert celebrates the legendary court of the Chinese Emperor Kangxi, China's longest ruling royal with 61 years on the throne and a reign that brought about long-term stability and relative wealth after years of war and chaos, and an unprecedented collaboration and interest in the West. He initiated the period known as the "Prosperous Era of Kangxi and Qianlong", which lasted for generations after his own lifetime. Pre-concert lecture at 1:30 pm by the Ricci Institute for Chinese-Western Cultural History.
San Francisco Renaissance Voices (Todd Jolly, Music Director), with guest artists Adam Cockerham, theorbo, Esther Lam, harpsichord, Hao Wei Zhu, ehru, Terry Luk, yangquin, Wing Yuen Chu, xiao and Chun Ho Kwong, ruan.“
Visit the San Francisco Renaissance Voices website for more information and of ticket availability.
More articles in category Early Music Concerts 2011-2012
- (UK) The Dolmetsch Historical Dance Summer School 2012: Regency Dance (8 aug 2012) (by Admin on Jul 31, 2012)
- (UK) Wigmore Hall Concert: Sergei Istomin cello; Viviana Sofronitsky fortepiano (22 jul 2012) (by Admin on Jul 15, 2012)
- (UK) Wigmore Series Concert: Les Talens Lyriques (5 jul 2012) (by Admin on Jul 03, 2012)
- (UK) Cambridge Early Music Concert: "Bach's Library" (by Admin on Jun 24, 2012)
- (FR) Jean Cassignol (alto recorder / flute a bec alto) - Paganini Caprices 9 and 24 (live) (by Admin on Jun 24, 2012)