News 2013: (US) Smithsonian Magazine: "We Might Soon Know What Ancient Greek Music Actually Sounded Like"
“… as time marches on, history can lose the records of what that music sounded like. Take the Greeks for example. We can see the stadiums and buildings they played music in. But we don’t really know what it sounded like …… Armand D’Angour, a musician and classicist at Oxford, is trying to reproduce ancient Greek music.
More articles in category News 2013
- (CA) Holiday Wishes from EarlyMusicNews.org (by admin on Dec 27, 2013)
- (US) ArtsJournal's Article: "How The Romans Celebrated The Holidays" (Dr Matthew Nicholls, 23 Dec 2013) (by admin on Dec 27, 2013)
- (CA) The Record.com Article: Sarah Granskou and Trevor Ewert (bowmaker), residents at Joseph Schneider House Museum (by admin on Dec 12, 2013)
- (CA) Nota Bene Baroque Players News: "WLU Music Students Chosen for New Baroque Mentorship Program" (26 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 26, 2013)
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "Music For Bass Instruments" (Nov.4 2013 edition) (by admin on Nov 17, 2013)