Weblinks Revisited: (US) The Practitioners of Musick
EarlyMusicNews.org Weblinks Revisited
“The Practitioners of Musick ensemble, founded by John Burkhalter and the late Professor Eugene Roan (1931 - 2006) to survey the musical riches of 18th century Great Britain - Ireland & both the Colonial and early Federal periods in America. Recent research, has also focused attention on musical life in New-France before the Fall of Quebec in 1759.
The group has presented period entertainments of music at many of the 18th century sites that are administered by the New Jersey Division of Parks & Forestry and the National Park Service, as well as Old New Castle, Delaware, Colonial Williamsburg, Historic Deerfield, Massachusetts, and a great number of other historical sites.
These concerts, and many others, have had their origins in the astonishing library of early published music (q.v.) that the two musicians collected over the years. Because many of these works are unpublished either in facsimile or modern edition, and some exist only in a unique document, the Practitioners have presented many works for the first time since the eighteenth century. …”
Visit The Practitioners of Musick website for more information.
More articles in category Weblinks Revisited
- (NL) Alfonso Marin, Lutenist and Valeria Mignaco, Voice (by Admin on May 01, 2012)
- (NL) COLLEGIUM MUSICUM Den Haag (CMDH) (by Admin on Apr 04, 2012)
- (US) Flowinglass Music (Recording Label) (by Admin on Apr 03, 2012)
- (FR) Jory Vinikour, Harpsichordist (by Admin on Apr 02, 2012)
- (CR) Ganassi (by Admin on Apr 01, 2012)