News 2013: (US) Unquiet Thoughts Blog: "Saturday morning quotes 2.45: Audiences" (March 30, 2013)
"At the end of the 13th century, Johannes de Grocheo wrote that the motet was “not intended for the vulgar who do not understand its finer points and derive no pleasure from hearing it: it is meant for educated people and those who look for refinement in art"...
... "Mainstream record companies and concert-promoting organizations have consciously cultivated a distinctly unauthentic concept of early music" ...
Visit the Unquiet Thoughts blog to read the rest of the article as well as other interesting blog articles.
More articles in category News 2013
- (CA) Holiday Wishes from EarlyMusicNews.org (by admin on Dec 27, 2013)
- (US) ArtsJournal's Article: "How The Romans Celebrated The Holidays" (Dr Matthew Nicholls, 23 Dec 2013) (by admin on Dec 27, 2013)
- (CA) The Record.com Article: Sarah Granskou and Trevor Ewert (bowmaker), residents at Joseph Schneider House Museum (by admin on Dec 12, 2013)
- (CA) Nota Bene Baroque Players News: "WLU Music Students Chosen for New Baroque Mentorship Program" (26 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 26, 2013)
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "Music For Bass Instruments" (Nov.4 2013 edition) (by admin on Nov 17, 2013)