News 2013: (US) Unquiet Thoughts Blog: Saturday morning quotes 2.47: Dowland complaints (13 Apr 2013)
(From the latest instalment of the "Unquiet Thoughts blog)
John Dowland (1563 – 1626) is famous as the greatest exponent of English music for solo lute, and as a composer of some of the best surviving music for lute and voice. He is also known as a world-class Miserablist. ...
... While many would agree with Dowland’s own assessment that his seven pavans on the famous Lachrimae falling-tear motif constitute a ‘long and troublesome worke’ ...
Visit the Unquiet Thoughts blog to read the complete blog article as well as past articles.
More articles in category News 2013
- (CA) Holiday Wishes from EarlyMusicNews.org (by admin on Dec 27, 2013)
- (US) ArtsJournal's Article: "How The Romans Celebrated The Holidays" (Dr Matthew Nicholls, 23 Dec 2013) (by admin on Dec 27, 2013)
- (CA) The Record.com Article: Sarah Granskou and Trevor Ewert (bowmaker), residents at Joseph Schneider House Museum (by admin on Dec 12, 2013)
- (CA) Nota Bene Baroque Players News: "WLU Music Students Chosen for New Baroque Mentorship Program" (26 Nov 2013) (by admin on Nov 26, 2013)
- (US) Harmonia Early Music: "Music For Bass Instruments" (Nov.4 2013 edition) (by admin on Nov 17, 2013)