CAMMAC (CANADIAN AMATEUR MUSICIANS/MUSICIENS AMATEURS DU CANADA)
"The beginnings of CAMMAC go back to 1953, on the shores of Otter Lake near Huberdeau in Argenteuil County. The idea of the founders, George and Carl Little as well as their wives, Madeleine and Frances, was to find a place in the midst of nature where all who love music could participate in it under the direction of professional musicians. Active participation rather than passive listening was to be favoured.
Thus the first CAMMAC music center was born in the Laurentians, named Otter Lake Music Centre. The beginnings were modest - 26 participants registered in the first session, which lasted two weeks." ...
CAMMAC offers summer workshops for various musical instruments, most notably the recorder, harpsichord and baroque dance. Please see website for more information.
Added on: Jul 22, 2005 | Hits: 1611