“NFA Core Values
As a premier organization for the flute, the NFA:
- Honors, values, and respects the contributions of all members equally.
- Promotes collegiality and embodies integrity.
- Draws strength from our local roots and provides meaningful benefits.
- Promotes flute performance, pedagogy, and development by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas.
- Enriches the repertoire for the flute through commissioning, special publications, and related activities.
- Inspires and cultivates personal, professional, and artistic excellence.
- More than 6,000 members, from all 50 states and 50 countries
- Thirty-six conventions and counting
- NFAMusic Library—the largest lending library of flutemusic in the world, where NFA members have access to a collection of more than 15,000 works
- Networking of flutists and exhibitors for more than 36 years
- Cultural outreach scholarships in 15 cities
- Extensivemusic commissioning activities, including new works annually for the Young Artist and High School Soloists and biennially for the Piccolo Artist competitions
- Liaison with more than 200 U.S. flute clubs“
The NFA does include early flute in their support list.
Visit website for more information. (ed.)
Category: Ensembles/Performers/Associations/Societies / Societies/Associations
Added on: Jul 25, 2009 | Hits: 741